UX/UI Web Designer
A Root 23 Agency web designer should wake each day ready to collaborate with our content architects to build stunning and engaging digital materials. A web designer will be responsible for turning client messaging and strategies into digital experiences in a wide variety of formats. From websites and eBooks to ads, brochures and educational white papers you will be responsible for maintaining specific client design standards.
We are looking for a web designer who is able to understand a client’s business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and final designs. Above all else, the web designer must possess the ability to brainstorm and develop engaging layouts in a wide array of digital formats, for clients across a wide range of industries. You breathe typography; you live color, layout and concept. Bad kerning makes you cringe. To survive in a fast-paced work environment, you should be extremely organized and capable of moving easily between client brands. The ability and desire to work closely with others is a must.
This position demands excellent time management skills, superior organization skills, and the ability to think creatively and proactively.
Specific activities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s website vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for websites.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Present concepts to internal team members feedback and approval with ability to build rationale behind concepts
- Understand clients’ business strategies
- We are all responsible for maintaining the integrity of a client’s visual identity in order to produce strategically sound creative solutions
- Collaborate with writers and production to develop innovative conceptual ideas leveraging strategic input from creative briefs
- Develop and execute creative ideas in multiple media, incorporating fresh and
contemporary design elements with proven design and production techniques
- Regularly attend and participate internal meetings
- Interact with staff to clearly understand project deadlines and instructions
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
Goals for the position
- Your role will be to own all digital aspects of the business (both internal and client driven).
- Expected to work to the business and creative standards of the Chief Strategist and Creative Director as you collaborate to develop compelling digital experiences that are visually stunning and strategically sound.
- Responsible for delivering high-quality design solutions on time and on budget
- Communicate and collaborate with team members to ensure the best product
- Maintain knowledge of recent design, UX and development trends that impact your work
- Designs that are consistent with established client design standards
- Wowing our creative leads and clients with solutions that go beyond the expected
- B.S./B.A. in a related field
- Should have at least 5-10 years of UX/UI design experience in a similar role
- Expertise in standard UX software such as XD, Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, and the like is a must.
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator or other design tools
- Strong conceptual creative design skills
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Must have collaborative skill set, the ability to think creatively
- Ability to understand, suggest and effectively communicate rationale for creative solutions
- Must have a strong design portfolio
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite required
- Ability to straddle into the traditional brand/print design world and assignments – highly desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law