Business Development Manager
Root23 Agency is a fast-growing boutique creative marketing agency that serves clients in the IT and telecommunications industries including service providers and channel organizations. We are hiring a business development manager to take responsibility for lead generation and managing the sales funnel from our founders. In this role, the successful candidate will employ a variety of techniques to develop relationships in our target market and drive new opportunities into and through our sales funnel.
- Develop and execute a sales strategy to generate qualified leads
- Manage the sales funnel
- Quota attainment
- Create and present proposals and pitches
- Use our CRM to manage contacts, tasks, and deal status
- Accurate forecasting
- Participate in client onboarding
- Build and manage relationships with clients, prospects, influencers, and referral sources
Tasks and Scope
Root23 Agency has a partnership with an organization that has influence with over 2000 potential clients within our target market. This organization evangelizes for Root23 with its base and promotes how its base can leverage our services and synergies to grow their business. This is a significant source of opportunity and qualified leads. Establishing a rapport, relationship, and cadence with the sales leadership team and sales force of this organization to drive more leads is approximately 40% of the job.
Prospecting and lead generation within our target market and account-based marketing toward high-value targets is approximately 20% of the job.
Building relationships with existing clients, establishing a cadence for communicating with them and upselling them is approximately 20% of the job.
Other tasks and scope are listed below and makeup approximately 20% of the job.
- Sales and go to market strategy development with Root23 leadership
- Participate in brand strategy (both client and Root23 Agency)
- Be an active participant in the brand’s social media and content marketing efforts
- Attend industry tradeshows and other National events
- Sales funnel forecasting and reporting
- CRM management
- Client onboarding – handoff to the project team and use our project management software for visibility into project status
- Provide us with market intelligence on customer needs, competitive benchmarking, and new areas of opportunity
The winning candidate will be:
- Outgoing and comfortable with networking and relationship building
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Organized with great attention to detail
- Excellent at time management
- Competitive and aggressive – we have a huge opportunity, we need someone that is ready to go take it
- Passionate about what you do and the industry in general
- Current on trends and best-practices
- Attentive and anticipatory toward the needs of clients
- Demonstrate a track record of business development success
- 5+ years in related position (business development at a marketing agency or technology company, or both)
- Demonstrate strategic understanding of emerging channels like social media, video and content partnerships in relation to lead generation and account-based marketing
- History of selling to enterprise-level accounts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.